Welcome to the Intensive English Program (IEP) at the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA).
The mission of the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) Intensive English Program is to provide academic ESL instruction and cultural orientation for English language learners who are interested in pursuing degrees at UTSA or other U.S. Institutions. Our goal is to prepare students to succeed in undergraduate and graduate level courses by acquiring English proficiency. The IEP will achieve its mission by teaching English for academic purposes, familiarizing students with U.S. culture, and promoting intercultural awareness.
IEP offers international students a small, friendly place to improve their English language skills. Our program is targeted toward individuals interested in pursuing degrees at UTSA or other institutions, and those who are interested in improving their English proficiency for professional reasons.
Students are provided with a series of academic preparation
classes (20 hours per week) in English as a Second Language (ESL) that
- Oral Communication
- TOEFL Preparation (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
Our IEP is presented at 6 levels:
Foundation, Beginner, High Beginner, Intermediate, High Intermediate, Advanced
UTSA’s IEP offers:
- At least 20 hours of Intensive instruction per week
- Affordable Costs
- Conditional Admission to UTSA **
- Small Classes -- Approximately 14-20 students per class
- Experienced, trained ESL instructors and staff
- Conversation Partners Program
- Institutional TOEFL test twice per semester
- Computer lab and free tutoring
- Full access to all university facilities and student services
Join our program
- Must be at least 17 years old & high school graduate
- Submit a bank letter showing that you can pay for at least one session of study (currently $9,155.10)
Apply Now !!!
We are currently taking applications! Presently the IEP program is divided into 3 sessions. Students are able to join ESL Program classes beginning in August (14 weeks), January (14 weeks), and May (10 weeks at 28 hours of instruction per week).
UTSA gives conditional admission to undergraduate students who do not have TOEFL scores or have scores lower that the admittance requirements, yet meet all other academic requirements. If you apply for conditional admission, you need not apply for IEP admission also. Apply only once. Please click here for more information about conditional admission.
Office of ESL Services
June 13-24, 2016
TIME: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Session 1–June 13-17
Session 2–June 22-26
LOC: Downtown Campus
June 13-30, 2016
TIME: 8:30 - 11:30 a.m.
LOC: Downtown Campus
BLDG: Buena Vista Building 3.350 (La Plaza de Lectura)