Welcome to the Intensive English Program (IEP) at the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA).
IEP offers international students a small, friendly place to improve their English language skills. Our program is targeted toward individuals interested in pursuing degrees at UTSA or other institutions, and those who are interested in improving their English proficiency for professional reasons.
Students are provided with a series of academic preparation
classes (20 hours per week) in English as a Second Language (ESL) that
- Oral Communication
- TOEFL Preparation (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
Our IEP is presented at 6 levels:
Foundation, Beginner, High Beginner, Intermediate, High Intermediate, Advanced
UTSA’s IEP offers:
- At least 20 hours of Intensive instruction per week
- Affordable Costs
- Conditional Admission to UTSA **
- Small Classes -- Approximately 14-20 students per class
- Experienced, trained ESL instructors and staff
- Conversation Partners Program
- Institutional TOEFL test twice per semester
- Computer lab and free tutoring
- Full access to all university facilities and student services
Join our program
- Must be at least 17 years old & high school graduate
- Submit a bank letter showing that you can pay for at least one session of study (currently $11,761)
Apply Now !!!
We are currently taking applications! Presently the IEP program is divided into 3 sessions. Students are able to join ESL Program classes beginning in August (14 weeks), January (14 weeks), and June (10 weeks at 28 hours of instruction per week).
UTSA gives conditional admission to undergraduate students who do not have TOEFL scores or have scores lower that the admittance requirements, yet meet all other academic requirements. If you apply for conditional admission, you need not apply for IEP admission also. Apply only once. Please click here for more information about conditional admission.
Office of ESL Services
Monday, November 30, 2015
TIME: 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
LOC: Main Campus
BLDG: H-E-B University Center Ballroom, 1.104
December 3-4, 3015
TIME: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
LOC: Education Service Center, Region 20
BLDG: 1314 Hines Avenue, San Antonio, TX. 78208
Saturday, December 5, 2015
TIME: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
LOC: Downtown Campus
BLDG: Buena Vista 1.312