Welcome to the Intensive English Program (IEP) at the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA).
IEP offers international students a small, friendly place to improve their English language skills. Our program is targeted toward individuals interested in pursuing degrees at UTSA or other institutions, and those who are interested in improving their English proficiency for professional reasons.
Students are provided with a series of academic preparation
classes (20 hours per week) in English as a Second Language (ESL) that
- Oral Communication
- TOEFL Preparation (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
Our IEP is presented at 5 levels:
High Beginning, Intermediate, High Intermediate, Low Advanced, Advanced
UTSA’s IEP offers:
- At least 20 hours of Intensive instruction per week
- Affordable Costs
- Conditional Admission to UTSA **
- Small Classes -- Approximately 14-20 students per class
- Experienced, trained ESL instructors and staff
- Conversation Partners Program
- Institutional TOEFL test twice per semester
- Computer lab and free tutoring
- Full access to all university facilities and student services
Join our program
- Must be at least 18 years old & high school graduate
- Submit a bank letter showing that you can pay for at least one session of study (currently $10,758)
- Must be able to read, write and speak English well enough to understand classroom commands, talk about your family, your home and yourself in basic terms. (We do not offer basic ESL classes)
Apply Now !!!
We are currently taking applications! Presently the IEP program is divided into 3 sessions. Students are able to join ESL Program classes in August (14 weeks), January (14 weeks), and June (10 weeks at 28 hours of instruction per week).
UTSA gives conditional admission to undergraduate students who do not have TOEFL scores or have scores lower that the admittance requirements, yet meet all other academic requirements. You may apply for conditional admission to UTSA. The International application may be found at http://www.applytexas.org. If you apply for conditional admission, you need not apply for IEP admission also. Apply only once.
Office of ESL Services
Saturday, December 20, 2014
Time: 10 a.m.
Location: Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
Building: 200 East Market St. San Antonio, TX 78205
Tuesday, January 6, 2014
Wednesday, January 7, 2014
Thursday, January 8, 2014
Time: 9 am - 4 pm
Location: Main Campus
Building: Main Building, 0.410
Saturday, April 11, 2015
Time: 8 am - 12 pm
Location: Downtown Campus
Building: Frio Street Building